The Crown, situated in Hotel 50 Bowery, is seeking a Sous Chef to join our team.
If you are interested in a long term position with a rapidly growing organization, we would like to meet with you! We'll be responding to qualified candidates to set up interviews for this week.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
Our ideal candidate will have a strong work ethic, open availability, a drive to succeed and a great sense of humor. We are looking for someone who is energetic and highly motivated and possesses the qualities outlined below.
- 1-2 years' experience in a high-volume NYC restaurant or similar
- Strong knowledge of cooking techniques and knife handling
- Clear written and verbal communication skills
- Able to work in a team environment
- Basic knowledge of math and computation skills
- Capability to stand for prolonged periods of time
- Lift up to 50 pounds of weight
- Ability to work in an environment where there are hot and cold conditions
- Able to bend, stoop, lift, reach, push, pull, twist, walk, crouch, and squat
SOUS CHEF RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist the Executive Chef with their responsibilities for the cost-effective operation of clean and safe kitchen and dish room facilities while meeting or exceeding food quality and speed of service requirements.
- Build sales and grow the business. Participate in weekly restaurant meetings to discuss the business and the role of the kitchen in the building of the business.
- Assist the Executive Chef with creating and maintaining an upbeat, productive and educational environment.
- Responsible for projecting a positive attitude and visible respect for all employees and food.
- Responsible for ongoing training and perpetual improvement of product and work place (i.e. Safety & Sanitation).
- Provide feedback and direction to the Sous Chefs so as to continue their development.
- Establish and maintain appropriate staffing levels and remaining abreast of any changes which may impact staffing needs.
- Recruit and hire a crew of quality employees.
- Responsible for ensuring all kitchen employees personnel files are completed at time of hire.
- Maintain accurate employee files and proper documentation including thorough, signed documentation for any and all disciplinary incidents, counseling sessions, accidents/injuries with regards to workman s compensation, termination reports and change of status forms.
- Establish a system whereby all employees are thoroughly trained in issues pertaining to their position, (i.e. knife safety, proper handling of product, use of chemicals, etc.)
- Working with the General Manager and Executive Chef to provide ongoing training of the menu to the Front of the House through pre-meals and additional meetings as necessary.
- Completing performance reviews of Sous Chefs. Work with the Sous Chefs to ensure all kitchen employees receive a yearly review.
- Responsible for effective ordering, based on sales; simultaneously taking advantage of available incentives and receiving produce, seafood, poultry and meat as often as economically possible. Responsible for proper receiving, rotation, storage and handling of these products.
- Set up appropriate prep levels to ensure fresh product and effective use of man-hours. Expected to take a hands on approach and be directly involved in daily production.
- Executing executive chef s menus for all special events and author specials and any special menus needed, keeping in context with the restaurant s identity.
- Ensure strict adherence to standards of quality for food served to include: freshness, proper handling & storage, proper use of techniques and cooking procedures, taste, portion size and presentation.
- Maintain high standards in all areas of safety, security and sanitation. Ensure preventive maintenance, cleaning and repairs are scheduled in a timely manner. All Health Department regulations are enforced on a daily basis.
The Crown provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
More detail about The Crown at Hotel 50 Bowery part of Three Kings Restaurant Group, please visit Associated topics: cafe, commercial kitchen, corporate kitchen, culinary, deli chef, executive kitchen, grill chef, pastry, pastry chef, sushi Associated topics: baker, cafe, chief chef, executive, grill chef, pastry chef, restaurant chef, service manager, tavern, team lead
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.