- Spring Place
- $48,520.00 -81,710.00/year*
Hospitality - Food Services
16 Lispenard St
Looking for a temporary hands on head chef for a summer pop up project with the chance to repeat the project twice a year.
Compensation based on experience, flat fee for the duration of 7 weeks. Work directly with a team of line cooks, in charge of the execution of dinner service, Tuesday to Saturday. Works under the supervision of executive Banquet Chef and Executive Chef.
Participate in the replica of well-known restaurant with temporary new opening in New York.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Check freshness of food and ingredients
- Supervise and coordinate activities of cooks and other food preparation workers
- ensure uniform serving sizes and quality of meals
- Inspect supplies, equipment, and work areas for cleanliness and functionality
- Order and maintain inventory of food and supplies
- Monitor sanitation practices and follow kitchen safety standards
- Determine production schedules and staff requirements necessary to ensure timely delivery of services.
- Estimate amounts and costs of required supplies, such as food and ingredients.
- Instruct cooks and other workers in the preparation, cooking, garnishing, and presentation of food.
- Collaborate with other personnel to plan and replicate recipes and menus, taking into account such factors as seasonal availability of ingredients and the likely number of customers.
- Guarantees proper closure of evening service
- Work within pre-determined budget
- Culinary Education is required
- Food Handler Certificate is required.
- At least 3 years in fine dining restaurants
- At least 5 years in fast paced NYC kitchens
More detail about Spring Place, please visit
Associated topics: cafe, chef, executive kitchen, head chef, kitchen, pantry, pizza chef, sous chef, sushi chef, team lead
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...