- Olivier Cheng Catering and Events
- $48,520.00 -81,710.00/year*
Hospitality - Food Services
16 Lispenard St
The Production Sous Chef is responsible for assisting the Chef de Cuisine in the overall kitchen operation, including food production, planning, organizing, controlling and assist leading the culinary team. Able to manage the kitchen in the Chef de Cuisine absence, with the same quality standards.
Exhibits culinary talents by personally performing tasks while assisting in leading the staff and managing all food related assignments. Also assists in supervising all kitchen areas to ensure a consistent, high quality product is produced, all storage locations are in excellent state. Assist in inventory, purchasing and part. Adhere and enforce NYC Health Department code and HACCP standards.
- Good culinary skills and management skills. Formal culinary training preferred.
- At least 5 years kitchen experience with 1 year at a leadership level, preferably to include both fine dining restaurants and high-end caterers.
- Must be creative, innovative and have high quality standards.
- Great knowledge of all aspect in cooking station.
- Display strong work ethics and work habits.
- Good understanding of inventory system, recipes standardization.
- Competent in organization and time management skills
- Fair and firm management abilities.
- Good knowledge of food production in banquets/catering environment.
- Hands-on approach to all operational aspects.
- Excellent communication skills
- DOH Food protection Certified and strong understanding of all sanitation standards
- Initiative and Self-motivated, Team player and flexible.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPPONSABILITIES:
- Assist the Chef de Cuisine to oversee all activity at consistent level in the commissary kitchen.
- The ability to help train, supervise and organize the culinary team on regular basis, review prep and production output.
- Able to hold production meetings with the culinary team as well as attend and participate in all required meetings.
- Ensure all OCC kitchen standards and etiquette are followed.
- Verify proper technique and quality standards, quickly assess any problems, and proactively respond by assisting other prep cooks as needed. Guide, mentor the culinary team to foster growth, enthusiasm, motivation and aim to excellence.
- Assign daily tasks to the culinary team based on workflow of the kitchen and skill set of the staff, and following up to make sure that tasks are completed.
- Expect to cook alongside the team.
- Treat employees at every level of responsibilities fairly and consistently to achieve the set goal.
- Communicate efficiently and clearly with other kitchen personnel, front-of-house staff, management, and vendors daily and maintain a calm and controlled demeanor during stressful situations or critiques, always treat others with respect and consideration.
- Strong communication skills to ensure team is constantly being challenged and improving, to ensure recipes are executed properly and to ensure the standards of the kitchen are exceeded through getting the best ingredients and treating them as well as possible.
- Assist in Planning, coordination and execution of the ordering of all food supplies, help approves all products to meet quality standards; keeps quantities accounts.
- Assist in daily, weekly and monthly inventory and storage locations monitoring and organization.
- Ensures that the highest standards of sanitation, cleanliness and safety are maintained throughout all food service areas at all times and are up to DOH compliance.
- Supervise the maintenance and cleanliness of all food preparation equipment.
- Monitor the staff meal execution and ensure a quality product and a variety of menu items.
- Communicate any recipe revisions to Exec Sous Chef so database is current.
- The ability to perform other tasks or Special projects as assigned by Chef de Cuisine or Senior Culinary leadership.
- The ability to reach, bend, stoop frequently and lift up to 50 pounds.
- The ability to work in a standing position for long periods of time, and have week end and holiday availability pending production flow.
More detail about Olivier Cheng Catering and Events, please visit
Associated topics: corporate kitchen, executive, executive chef, grill chef, head chef, pastry, pastry chef, service manager, tavern, team lead
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...