- Olivier Cheng Catering and Events
- $39,570.00 -62,650.00/year*
Hospitality - Food Services
16 Lispenard St
The Lead Expeditor is responsible for overseeing, organizing, and managing all pack outs consistent with OCC service standards. The individual is directly responsible for the accuracy of all labeling applied to all goods as well as proper distribution of these goods. Will interface with the kitchen production team assuring that the time lines of food production adhere to the timely departure of events. Will actively maintain organized storage spaces and is responsible for the inventory of required food-related goods and all finished items in production. The ideal candidate will be team-oriented, possess excellent communication skills. Possess a strong attention to detail and be able to work calmly and effectively under pressure.
- Minimum 2 years experience in special events or high-volume food production environment required.
- Minimum 1 year of experience in packing off-premise catered events.
- Self-motivated individual who takes direction well but can effectively work independently and with a high level of accuracy.
- Knowledge and understanding of safety, sanitation, and food handling procedures to maintain health code.
- Knowledge of ingredients, cooking techniques, and food related equipment.
- Proficient Computer Skills (preferred but not mandatory)
- Language: English, *Bilingual (*Spanish preferred)
- Food Handler Certification (preferred but not mandatory)
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Packing of all food for events.
- Ensure packaging and delivery schedule is executed accurately and on time; aligned with the kitchen production schedule.
- Clearly communicate any foreseen delays or rerun requirements to the Kitchen Management and Operations Team in a timely manner.
- Through self and team management ensure that the packaging demands are as efficient as possible; proactively plan, organize and direct the shift to accomplish goals.
- Ensure chef instruction folders are packed properly per event and or location
- Label all shop dropped rentals with corresponding color(s), name of event, date of event, and menu categories/items (i.e. HDs, Mexican Station, Small Plates, First course, etc.)
- Support Receiver and Chef de Cuisine with inventory management of received and returned goods; and waste logs as needed.
- Proven ability to work well in conjunction with other departments in a highly collaborative manner.
- Create a culture of teamwork, discipline, innovation, and accountability.
- Ensure that the working environment is kept clean at all times by straightening up, sweeping, mopping, trash removal as needed.
- Ensure that staff meal is packed accordingly, inventory is rotated and that par levels are kept up to date for the coming week.
- Assist with the load out of trucks as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
More detail about Olivier Cheng Catering and Events, please visit
Associated topics: assistant general manager, backend, bakery manager, director, food service supervisor, frontend, gm, night shift manager, produce manager, store manager
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...