Our newest venture, MAVSOHO at Hotel Hugo, is looking for a dedicated PM Floor Manager!
MAVSOHO, which features modern Italian cuisine in western SoHo, has a bar/lounge and Salumeria station in the front, an elegant main dining room with sleek velvet chairs and a floor to ceiling Wine Library, and a Private Dining Space with a dramatic live plant wall and skylight.
The purpose of this position is to interact with our guests and ensure they have a great experience when dining. Floor Managers are responsible for guiding the guests through our beverage and food menu in a friendly and efficient manner- \"con amore!\" At all times, servers are expected to be attentive to our guests needs and making them feel welcome, comfortable and important. Servers are expected to have some basic wine and beverage knowledge and will be trained on our unique wine concept and selection.
Experience a unique, modern twist on the traditional Italian meal and discover the best of what Italy has to offer!
- To lead the PM Team
- To provide all guests with highly personalized service adhering to all service standards.
- Presenting beverage menu and food list, making suggestions, guiding customers through the wine selections and food preparation details, communicating specific customer needs to the cooks.
- Take orders for and serve all beverage and food requests, fulfilling customer needs, offering desserts and drinks, removing courses, replenishing utensils, refilling glasses.
- Staying updated on current beverage menu and food choices, specialties and menu deviations, informing staff on f&b inventory
- Coordinate with the events team to ensure events are successful.
- Control guest checks and secure proper payment through Point of Sales.
- Ensure station and table set-ups are complete and perform various side duties as assigned by the GM.
- Be a team player - Assist all other associates in ensuring they are providing the highest level of customer service.
- Maintain MAVSOHO service program with consistent execution, focused on Italian food, wine, and cocktails.
- Create training models to ensure consistent execution.
- Train new front of house staff on well-defined service standards.
- Establish pars, ordering systems, as well as storage for all operating supplies.
- Manage costs and labor to plan; scheduling.
- Work with the GM and Management team to effectively lead the PM restaurant staff.
- Coach and council staff members on performance related issues.
- Special projects and assignments as business dictates
- Must be available 5 shifts a week
- Knowledge of Italian language is a plus
- Strong wine background a plus
Loading some great jobs for you...